Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course - October 2-3, 2015
|IMPORTANT BROWSER INFORMATION|
This site will not work on Internet Explorer 8. Please download one of the preferred browsers:
This one and a half day classroom course will provide participants with a comprehensive introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound. Optional Hands-on scanning will be incorporated into a half of day on the second day of the program.
Anatomic areas typically covered in this course include:
Other topics include:
- Ultrasound of Common Cystic Masses in the Musculoskeletal System
- General Application of Diagnostic Ultrasound in Sports Medicine
- Ultrasound-guided Interventions in the Musculoskeletal System
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The program is designed for physicians and sonographers who currently perform ultrasound imaging and wish to extend their capabilities to incorporate musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
After attending this program the participant should be able to:
- identify ultrasound representations of common pathologies of the musculoskeletal system
- discuss the capabilities and limitations of ultrasound in musculoskeletal evaluation
- identify normal anatomy and pathology from musculoskeletal ultrasound images
All faculty at continuing educating activities for nurses, physicians and allied health professionals are required to disclose to the audience (1) any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services and (2) any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials. Jefferson Conflict of Interest resolution process may result in changes to the agenda.
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.00 Attendance