Vascular Ultrasound Online Classroom Series (2017-2019)
IMPORTANT BROWSER INFORMATION
This site will not work on Internet Explorer 8. Please download one of the preferred browsers:
The course is designed to provide a foundation for the use of state-of-the-art techniques in vascular diagnosis. Emphasis is placed on a thorough understanding of the basic principles underlying the Doppler examination and clinical applications using color and spectral Doppler techniques. Topics covered include cerebrovascular evaluation, peripheral arterial and venous studies and visceral vascular exams.
Expiration Date: 12/31/2019
If you have purchased this DVD and have completed and passed the post-test, and completed and submitted the evaluation, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your Jefferson CPD @ JeffLEARN™ account and obtain your certificate.
- You'll need to create an account OR log into your existing CPD @ JeffLEARN™ account. Once your account is created, and you've completed the test and evaluation, JUREI will complete the final steps of processing your CME Credit. You will receive an email when the information has been uploaded, along with instructions on how to claim your credits.
- Once you have gotten this information, click the "TAKE COURSE" button to your right.
If you have viewed the DVD and wish to complete the post test and evaluation, click here
To purchase this DVD, or view more information about the Ultrasound CME Video/DVD Series, click here. If you have questions about the DVD series, or have forgotten your DVD CME KEY, please contact the Jefferson Radiology Ultrasound and Education Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-955-8533 /888-390-5051 (in the US).
About this DVD: This course will provide a foundation for the use of state-of-the-art techniques in vascular diagnosis. Emphasis is placed on a thorough understanding of the basic principles underlying the Doppler examination and clinical applications using color and spectral Doppler techniques.
Lecture Topics include:
- Doppler and Color Doppler Physics and Instrumentation
- Interpretation of Spectral and Color Doppler
- Carotid Doppler
- Upper and Lower Extremity Venous Disease
- Abdominal Doppler
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course is designed for those with minimal or no prior experience with vascular technology.
After attending this course, the participant should be able to:
- recognize the relationship between acoustic principles, hemodynamics, and the sonographic representation of major vessels and blood flow
- identify the ultrasound findings of abnormal examination
- describe the capabilities and limitations of Doppler ultrasound in assessment of vascular disease
- perform basic scanning of the vascular system
All faculty at continuing educating activities for nurses, physicians and allied health professionals are required to disclose to the audience (1) any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services and (2) any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials. Jefferson Conflict of Interest resolution process may result in changes to the agenda.
- 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 17.50 Attendance