Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound Course (2014-2016) - DVD
IMPORTANT BROWSER INFORMATION
This site will not work on Internet Explorer 8. Please download one of the preferred browsers:
This DVD-based program provides in-depth coverage of ultrasound applications in limited OB ultrasound.
If you have purchased this DVD and have completed and passed the post-test, and completed and submitted the evaluation, you will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain your certificate.
- You'll need to create an account OR log into your existing CPD @ JeffLEARN™ account. We suggest using your CME KEY as your password, which was provided when you purchased the DVD Series. Once your account is created, and you've completed the test and evaluation, JUREI will complete the final steps of processing your CME Credit. You will receive an email when the information has been uploaded, along with instructions on how to claim your credits.
- Once you have gotten this information, click the "TAKE COURSE" button to your right.
If you have viewed the DVD and wish to complete the post test and evaluation, click here
To purchase this DVD, or view more information about the Ultrasound CME Video/DVD Series, click here. If you have questions about the DVD series, or have forgotten your DVD CME KEY, please contact the Jefferson Radiology Ultrasound and Education Institute at email@example.com or 215-955-8533 /888-390-5051 (in the US).
About this DVD:
This program is designed for physicians, sonographers and other health care providers seeking to learn limited OB/GYN ultrasound or to refresh and update their knowledge of limited OB/GYN ultrasound. The topics covered in this course include basic principles, biophysicial profile, fetal position and presentation, normal and abnormal pelvic, fetal ultrasound and improved patient care.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course serves as a comprehensive review for the practicing clinician, including he nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or other medical professional who has limited or no formal training in diagnostic ultrasound and wishes to the the basic concepts of limited ultrasound applications in obstetrics.
After attending this course, the participant should be able to:
- describe the basic principles of ultrasound
- recognize and identify normal structures of the female pelvis on ultrasound images
- recognize and identify fetal position and presentation
- distinguish between normal and abnormal ultrasound findings in pelvic and fetal ultrasound
- list and describe the basic fetal measurements
- list and describe the elements of fetal biophysical profile
- Improve patient care through implementation of limited OB ultrasound in their clinical practice
- Assess their current practice in light of the information and discussions in during the course and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for their practice of limited OB ultrasound
All faculty at continuing educating activities for nurses, physicians and allied health professionals are required to disclose to the audience (1) any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services and (2) any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials. Jefferson Conflict of Interest resolution process may result in changes to the agenda.
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.00 Attendance