PA Medicinal Cannabis Education Tour Program - Allentown
Our CPD @ JeffLEARN™website has recently been updated, which may impact how you navigate to the program evaluation. Should you run into issues, please contact the Office of CPD at 215-955-6992 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT BROWSER INFORMATION
This site will not work on Internet Explorer 8. Please use:
The mission of the PA Medicinal Cannabis Education Tour is to educate health care professionals regarding the basic science underlying the pharmacologic and therapeutic options associated with medical cannabis in patient care, and provide clinical insights on the use of medicinal cannabis in practice. In addition, the PA Medicinal Cannabis Educational Tour will provide authoritative information on Pennsylvania’s laws and regulations relating to approved uses, patient certifications requirements and process, and dispensing regulations and practices when medicinal marijuana is recommended for the approved medical conditions.
To Register, visit http://greenhouse.ventures/events
Sara Jane Ward, PhD Assistant Professor, Center for Substance Abuse Research, Department of Pharmacology, Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University, Senior Fellow, Jefferson Institute of Emerging Health Professions, Thomas Jefferson University
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate and determine, using knowledge-based informed decisions, on their participation in the PA medical cannabis program as a certified healthcare practitioner or pharmacist recommender.
- Apply scientific, evidence based information on clinical uses of medical cannabis in the treatment of a range of identified medical disorders.
- Discuss and recommend new state legislation on medical cannabis uses in medical practice in order to provide novel treatment options to qualifying patients.
- Increase their understanding of the endogenous cannabinoid system and the various ways in which components of cannabis can modulate physiological function.
- Increase awareness of the scientific evidence regarding the safety and efficacy of cannabis-based treatment strategies with a focus on cannabinoids and pain.
All faculty at continuing educating activities for nurses, physicians and allied health professionals are required to disclose to the audience:
- Any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services
- Any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations.
Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials. Jefferson Conflict of Interest resolution process may result in changes to the program agenda.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A maximum of 1.5 contact hours will be awarded to participants.
Follow us on Twitter @JeffCME
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Attendance
- 1.50 CNE
- 1.50 ACPE