Jefferson Faculty Days 2019
IMPORTANT BROWSER INFORMATION
This site will not work on Internet Explorer 8. Please use:
Join your colleagues in the Eleventh Annual Faculty Days Program. This one day event consists of presentations by and for Jefferson faculty who will share their knowledge, insight, techniques and tips -- all designed to improve teaching and learning across our varied curricula.
A number of sessions have been designated for continuing education credits. See program agenda for details.
This course is designed for all Jefferson faculty.
- To discuss best practices in teaching and learning at Thomas Jefferson University.
- To define diversity and inclusion from the lens of education.
- To identify pedagogies in practice that directly link to Jefferson's definition of diversity - the richness of human differences and similarities.
- To identify pedagogies in practice that directly link to Jefferson's definition of inclusion - the valuation of diversity.
- To relate concepts of diversity and inclusion to how they intersect with Jefferson's faculty, learners, patients, customers, and learning environments
- To apply pedagogies in practice that leverage intersectionality and inclusivity in the learning environment
All faculty at continuing educating activities for nurses, physicians and allied health professionals are required to disclose to the audience:
Any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services
Any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations.
Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials. Jefferson Conflict of Interest resolution process may result in changes to the program agenda.
PHYSICIANS: Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Thomas Jefferson University is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. RN participants who successfully complete this activity will be awarded maximum 3.6 contact hours.
This knowledge based program (0079-9999-19-010-L04-P) is acceptable for 3.67 hours of continuing pharmacy education credit. Statements of Credit indicating hours/CEUs will be uploaded to CPE Monitor within 60 days following program for participants who complete this activity and submit required participant information, including evaluation, NABP # and DOB.
OTHER PROFESSIONALS: Continuing Education Hour verification is provided to other professionals who successfully complete this symposium. A certificate of completion of 3.75 Continuing Education Hours will be provided.
- 3.67 ACPE
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.75 Attendance
- 3.60 CNE